11.25.2007

in other news

apparently it's sex week at postsecret.

my fav:

Hi Frank,

A Lifetime of Secrets arrived in the post today. One of the secrets was: "I'm in a wonderful, loving marriage and we are still virgins and that's okay with me. "

I wanted to say to the secret-writer: Me too! My husband and I have been married for eighteen months and we couldn't be happier! And we know two other couples in the same sort of relationships. We're all friends and happy for one another. We know that just because we don't do the mattress rodeo it doesn't mean our relationships are any less valid than anyone else's.

Victoria Glancetts (it's cool to print my name)


I don't understand this one bit. I know you could still be in love, but isn't that the one perk (besides taxes) that you have to look forward to once you get married? Well without being condemned from some. That's how you reach true intimacy. Maybe I'm just a guy . . . or think like HKD.

5 comments:

Mike said...

holy fuck.

i couldn't handle the whole "let's wait until we're married line" what's next?
"let's wait until we're collecting social security?!?"


it's pathetic!!

Holland Chase said...

apparently.

good line (social security).
i just hope no one ever means it when they say it.

Sunshine said...

Wait... there are perks to being married?!?

Anonymous said...

doing a google search on her name, apparently they met through AVEN, which is an asexuality network. (http://www.asexuality.org/home/)

although they're not opposed to sex in general, some people just don't really find it to be a perk.

Anonymous said...

whats sex?

KevBo
washed.ca